Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sister Fun with an OLD famous friend...



okay, so maybe we're not the usual definition of friends...my Dave Matthews and I do go way WAY back....

As I'm sure you all know, I am a big Dave fan....HUGE....not in the groupie sort of way, but in the if Dave was in the city I'd drop everything and run, including my honey and baby....
okay, not really....
but....
that is what I did, in a controlled way of course, well planned, and all the good stuff you NEED to do when that mama thing happens to you.
But, yes, this mama took a night off of mama'-ing, wifey'-ing, PA-'ing, and headed to Marysville.
Sister Megan was my partner and crime and we lived up the brief 17 hours together with good food, an awe-inspiring birthday gift massage, (you know, the kind that makes you drooooollllll), and of course, the lovely, Mr. Matthews.
This year we decided to shell out and actually get seats, you know, the kind with backs, cup holders, somewhat close to the stage and not on grass, (not to knock grass, it got Dave and I through the tight college days....)
And those seats were fabulous...but...gotta say, not quite fab enough as next time we're aiming for those special super duper break the bank account, gotta know someone seats....we'll see....
Needless to say the concert was wonderful, guitar player extraordinaire Tim Reynolds and group were as amazing as ever, and we had a great time....

Don't worry you worry warts...only a fraction of this was actually consumed...YUMMY!

Now, here's to a few more mama night outs...and to missing my lovely boy...my baby boy that is...more about him to come...this is a baby blog after all...though a break for Dave is always welcome!

1 comment:

Alison Willis said...

So excellent! I am so glad you guys went and that you did take that break! Good for you!

I missed Dave this time because the concert was the day before my due date. I figured my feet would be swollen and I was not in the place to be dancing and jumping around like I would normally do... I think it is the 1st tour i have ever missed... But I guess that is what they mean when they say your priorities shift...

I am so glad that the show was wonderful as always and that you and your sister got to share in that great day!