Thursday, November 21, 2013

Highs and Lows


It's been a week of rainbows and sickness, compliments and stress, productivity and overeating, gifts and no sleep, sunny days and no exercise.
yin and yang I suppose.
Thankful for most of it, very thankful for our health, when we have it.

This little sickie has had croup all week. He got the nasty virus last year too, and sure enough, 2 am Monday night it rather abruptly, without warning, reared its ugly head again. I though he was fighting it well when the poor guy spiked a good temp and threw up in my car last night at 11 when I was picking him up after work to take him home. Such an awful cough, croup brings. Lots of clean up, loving up, and spit up later, and we finally got a few hours of sleep.
Tonight, still a 102 fever, but at least some smiles!!!!!

 

I'm very thankfully aiming for next Tuesday evening, when I have 6 entire days off to enjoy my parents, my sister, and my boys and give thanks for all of it. 7 days of work in the 8 days before my break will be a bit of a sprint to the goal, but after the highs and lows of this week, it is incredible to have a mini respite in sight.
Here's to some balance in our lives...

1 comment:

Alison Willis said...

I totally feel you! it has been a weird week here too and a break with family is just what we need!