Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloweeennnnnnn Tradition I'd say....

So, as you may remember in years past us folks here in the woods have had a Halloween get together of sorts....you know, campfire, candy, beer, no costumes except for the under 3 crowd. That sort of thing. See our FIRST gathering here....
http://www.fultmeyer.blogspot.com/2009/10/q-why-didnt-skeleton-go-to-see-scary.html
Well, each year I seem to be more and more inclined to do it BIGGER! Yep, BIGGER skeletons, BIGGER ghosts, YUMMIER scary food, DELISH drinks, you get the picture.
So this year, with my two kiddies 3 and under I was.....welllllll......
yes....
SCARED!!!!!
How in the heck did I have time for a Halloween gathering that was supposed to be, (in my mind, no one else really cared I'm sure!!!) BIGGER...SCARIER.....YUMMIER!!!!!!!!!
And then....5 days ago....
I sent the email.
The invite...
To all our neighborhood.
Yep those same lovely neighbors with the gorgeous houses, delicious food and drinks, etc!
And....
I HAD FUN!!!!
Yep, officially the best and most wonderful party planning experience I've had is this one.
Teaches me I think I'm MEANT to have a Halloween Party EVERY year! I think so! The few very piss poor pictures of the party follow :-) But I'll have you know this little soire included GHOSTS.....DEMONS PEEPING AROUND TREES!.....SKELETONS!........SCARY SEVERED HANDS RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR DINNER TABLE!!!!
And it also included, great conversation that can only be had around a campfire! I love that!
Happy Halloween To All and To All a GOOD NIGHT!!!!



Drink Table, "Bone Juice, (Margaritas with orange salt/sugar mixture), Spooky Red Wine,  "Maker's Mark Whiskey". "Bat's Brew Beer",  and Hot "Spider Cider"(not pictured)

The party table awaits its guests! 'Spider Fruit with Bloody Yogurt Dip" as well as multiple other spooky delicacies awaiting the neighborhood! And our  walking pumpkin with legs at the end of the table held our Party Soup!!! Perfect!
Mama with a cow on her back "Oh Honey, Your Yeti hat just does it for me...!!!!Or maybe it's that ghost behind you?"
The Halloween Riverbend Party scene, complete with a beautiful warmish Fall night and nearly full moon with a faint fog rolling in. Perfect!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome! Love Halloween Parties! Ive gotten lazy the past 2 years with mine!

Sheelagh said...

Looks awesome! I Love all the decorations. AND...you and I have the same shirt, plus the same crazy desire/need to have a rockin good Halloween! Glad it was a success.

Fultmeyer Clan said...

Ha Ha Sheelagh. This is my "go to" Halloween shirt, even at work I wear it with my "work pants" as every one else has a costume and I can't seem to get it together for that. Seems to work out okay though. :-)