Sunday, December 6, 2009

23 degrees


Yep, feeling pretty warm and cozy in our little dwelling, kept warm by the trusty woodstove. 70 degrees inside....nice! Makes me think of all the critters trying to keep warm out there. And here I am nice and toasty making my squash apple soup for dinner tomorrow. We are going to Chris and Tera's place in Somes Bar near the Salmon River. A place even more wild and remote than our neck of the woods. They are probably a good 2 hours from a good sized city, double our drive! AND they had a little girl Lila in June of this year! AND she was born 2 months early! Wow....after having Forrest be an incredibly healthy infant, I can't imagine having a little one that weighed 3 pounds at birth...my goodness.
But, Lila is a champ, doing great despite her early entry to this world. I can't wait to meet her and enjoy the cold frosty day in Somes Bar. I'm thankful for wood stoves, healthy babies, (especially healthy small teeny tiny babies!) and the good smells coming from my soup.
And for nice freezing days with a little boy who loves to be outside despite the frigid temps....
Must run in the family!
Even after he was hauled in by his mama his favorite thing to do is put his little baby hands up to the window, and scream at the top of his baby lungs in delight at the great view.....

2 comments:

jonna Collins said...

Cold here too...in fact, we're burried in snow!

Sheelagh said...

He is so cute! Just so cute! I can't wait to meet Forest, even though it seems like I already have! :-)