Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fultmeyer #2's first photo shoot...

Today I had my first ultrasound of our little blueberry. I was anxiously awaiting this date as my due date has been a bit allusive. I knew I was pregnant, but how far along I was was a bit of a mystery. I like being able to plan ahead, (I know, those that know my messy and chaotic ways are laughing....) but it's true. Weather it's a trip, or a our second child, I like KNOWING....
So....everything looked fabulous! I found out I was 9 weeks, 3 days along and have a due date of May 15th, 2011. A late spring baby! So, even if I am early, or, more likely, late, I most likely will have our little bean in May.
We are very excited about the news. I told my two sisters the news just after the ultrasound, and updated my parents as they are really the only ones we have told yet. I think we're going to try and keep our little secret for another few weeks.
I'm actually feeling better than I was 2 weeks ago. Less nausea and no vomiting, thank goodness. Traveling down to my parents was exhausting, but thankfully I never had the nausea in the plane, which was a fear of mine. The exhaustion is overwhelming though...I can make it through my work day BARELY...with an extra cup of coffee, (I know, I'm weaning myself down....currently at 1 1/2 cups/day....) and crash at 9 to get up at 6 and do it all over again. The night I actually get the 9 hours of sleep my body suddenly craves is rare, thanks to, well, life...sick kids, company, you name it...
But, I know this to shall pass. 10 weeks is around the corner. And my 2nd trimester will be soon to follow!

1 comment:

Sheelagh said...

Are you going to find out the gender or keep that a surprise? Sounds like the beginning was rough, but that you are in a happier place now. I'm so excited for you!!!
Oh yes and I LOVE the little blueberry nick name! So cute and so very Fultmeyer!!