Monday, January 30, 2012

Yet another Fulton Fish Adventure...




Days like these make me SO thankful for the beautiful and amazing home we have.

As you all know...we have two young ones under 3. I think everyone would agree that this scenario equals a HUGE ordeal to really go anywhere out of the house. Driving to that place....ginormous ordeal. Okay, so maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion, but we seriously hole up during the weekends. Fulton hemits, yes we are. I relish not having to be ANYWHERE by ANYTIME, with dozens of people counting on me to do what I do. It really is my sacred time.
So....just how sweet is it when the rain gives us a break, the river finally drops a bit and cleans up, and the Fulton Family comes out of the little ranch cave and wants to adventure! All just with a hike out our front door! Mind you, we still pack up the whole nine yards, with kiddies you have to. But no driving, no money spent, no worries over car sickness, getting somewhere in time, or who we might see when Talin poops up to his ears or Forrest tests his vocal cords and brute almost 3 year old strength, (oh except the occasional bald or golden eagle, bear, or steelhead...;-)
So....you get my drift. Pictures follow on our great little outing today. It wasn't without tears, or major dumps, or even a fall in the river, (first of many for Mr. F I'm sure...)
But it was with some great fishing for Forrest and Alex, some great hiking and outdoor time for little T and myself, and some outstanding beauty for all of us...


Forrest gets a keeper! Hatchery steelie...

Food and fishing all at the same time...bliss I tell ya...

Happy and always hungry river baby

Father and son, with many more to come like these....:-)





In awe of the steelie....

Little T, waiting for his turn with the rod!

No comments: