Saturday, April 30, 2011

Aunt Megan and Forrest's new best friend...

 Megan has just recently returned from her LOOOOONNNG but super exciting and adventure filled stint living in Australia for 7 months and she has come to see us! She is here till her 2nd nephew arrives and boy oh boy what help she is. Her boyfriend Craig, (aka British surfer and Forrest's new best friend....:-) is awesome as well. She was lucky enough to meet him in Australia and we have quickly grown attached as well!
They have been helping a TON around our place and it is SO nice to have them here! Megan will return to Santa Barbara after the baby arrives, but we are oh so thankful for their company and help. And having a visitor with an accent is always fun too....(especially one that loves salmon, looking for bears, playing with 2 year olds, and completing all kinds of odd jobs like putting up kitchen cabinets....comes in handy for this nesting mama!)

3 comments:

Sheelagh said...

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! I'm glad to hear you have good help and that you are finishing up your list! And what fun that you sister brought home such a handy boyfriend!

Sheelagh said...

2 weeks to go! I hope you get ( and have time to read) my novel about birth. And I hope it helps. I am just a tad bit obsessed with you sweet family these days and SO wish we lived closer to at least bring you some freezer food or home cooked dinners after that baby arrives. Are you off of work now until the birth? How much time will you have off afterwards? If this baby of mine didn't hate the car so much I just might think about visiting you after baby comes in order to give Forest a distraction and playmate his size!

Fultmeyer Clan said...

I know Sheelagh, 2 weeks! Getting close, and I do have a feeling this kiddo is coming soon. Today was a very uncomfortable day for me, contractions ALL day, though no real labor to speak of yet. I went on a run/walk this morning and it felt great, until it was over...and now I think it was a bad decision. Or it just got things started! We'll see.
I will have 6-8 weeks off after the baby, and then go back just 3 days a week for awhile. Not nearly enough time but it is what I have! I would LOVE to have you as a visitor but totally understand about the long car trip, makes me crazy just to think about it! Hope to call you tomorrow! and now for your birth story, thanks so much for putting it up...:-)