Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11th, 2 years 2 months, musings of a mama

 We have come to the age of 2 years 2 months with Talin. The exact same age Forrest happened to be during Talin's birth. For whatever reason this is important to me. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it is my trouble in remembering how Forrest was at Talin's age. I seem to remember better after Talin was born. Maybe this is because they are just entirely different kids. Forrest a fire ball in every way, dynamic personality, super smiley, super feisty, super aggressive, seemingly older than his age, you get the picture. And Talin, more following the milestone baby book, happy, mellow, awful sleeper, yada yada and I could go on.

Above is Forrest the night before Talin was born, at that age of 2 years 2 months. The blondie he was, wearing the same shirt and shoes Talin still wears now. I've always thought Talin had looked so more babyish than Forrest, maybe it's his baby blue eyes, or maybe because he is truly my baby, I don't know. He still seems that way. I remember distinctly Forrest climbing up on my hospital bed seeing me and his newborn baby brother for the first time. What a big boy he already seemed, much older than Talin seems now. Possibly truly playing that Big Brother role already, born into it.
And below is Talin now...still my baby. He's really a toddler in every sense of the way. And goodness has he hit the two's. It's so apparent because perhaps usually he is so happy and mellow, but man I tell you he can throw the dramatic tantrums, throwing himself onto the ground, banging his fists on the floor. Short lived, within a few minutes he is done. Alex and I just want to laugh at him because after raising Forrest through this stage Talin's antics do seem so funny! I'm glad I can laugh through it with my second. I guess that is the blessing of going through this school of parenting that has been thrust on us :-)
What a lucky Mom I am to have these two wonderful boys, now making a sort of a circle with their ages.  I can't wait for what the future holds...

1 comment:

Sheelagh said...

What a fun realization. When one become the age the other was when they became the big brother or sister. I have gone through that moment many times. I often feel I was unfair to think one so big at a certain age and the next one so small at that same age, but I think you are right, they are just different people, born into the personalities they will need to get them through their lot in life.
David is most certainly my most baby looking at 2, though I suspect that I have forgotten a bit about the past. :-) Time to look up some pictures! I love the ones you have included here.