Monday, May 9, 2011

5/10/11, 5/11/11, or 5/12/11???

These three dates are out there.
One of them will be our little ones birthday.
I'm trying to avoid a C-Section and in doing so have to try to go into labor in a bit of a controlled setting. Because of where we live, VBAC's, (vaginal births after Cesarian's) are not routinely done. Granted they are completely safe in the right setting without certain risk factors and so far I'm lined up to be a good candidate for one. In a bigger city, in fact, they are encouraged.
I'm already 3 centimeters dilated, 80 % effaced, and he's dropped a bit as of my appointment this morning, so my body is trying to do this already. On Wednesday morning I will go in and my water will be broken if this has not happened on its own. And that should set off labor...
We're excited here, and in that weird state of trying to get things done, wanting to relax, and apprehensive about the next few days.
I'm having contractions already, they're weak as far as contractions go, but this possibly may happen without the need of my OB breaking my water. I'm all for that if so!
Regardless, the next Fulton baby will be here soon....woohoooooo!!!!!


Sheelagh said...

WOOOHOOOO!Thanks for the update. I'm thinking about you and can not wait to hear the good news!

Ashley said...

Good luck Katie! I have a friend who just had a successful vbac on cinco de mayo! I hope it all goes smoothly!

Amy Musser said...

Yay!!! Congrats Katie and good luck. I will be thinking of you =)

Alison Willis said...

I am checking all the time for updates... good luck. however he comes, whenever he comes - i wish you lots of strength!!!!