Thursday, May 26, 2011

2 weeks old.....and still the mellow infant? A jumbled update...


Little Talin turned 2 weeks old yesterday! And up until yesterday he has been an amazingly quiet, mellow newborn. Everything with him has been peachy really. He weighed in at 7 lbs 15 1/2 oz surpassing his birth weight by a bit, and gaining more by this time than Forrest had. I was glad to hear this as I have not been capitalizing on his sleepiness, (as in getting more sleep myself,) and have been waking him up quite regularily during the day to be sure he remains fed. And...he still has his days and nights rather mixed up so I haven't really gotten longer than a 3 hour stretch of sleep in the last 2 weeks, though I can deal with the 3 hour stretches, it's when it's 1 and 2 hours, or last night, every 45 minutes that starts to make me a bit crazy.
Anyways, life had been pretty great for this little guy, breastfeeding is SO much easier the 2nd time around, and all my worries I had with Forrest didn't really exist with little Talin...!
 But, lo and behold, he "woke up" a bit in the last 24 hours. Maybe it's a fleeting growth spurt and I'll have my mellow 2nd child back, but I'm not betting on it. He's been a fussy guy today, eating and eating and eating. I'm obliging as this time around the breastfeeding is much easier on me and I know he's growing like a little weed. He loves to sleep on his parents, not a great fan of the swing yet as Forrest was, though does seem to like walks and falls fast asleep in his carrier. He is absolutely more wide eyed lately, and his eyes are still a deep blue, very beautiful!
 We, of course, lost the great Aunt Megan and Craig who must return to real life! We will miss them so much!

 Meanwhile we settle into our family of four and let Talin eat and eat and eat....and cuddle which he is super good at!
We'll try to keep updates coming though one handed typing is a bit cumbersome while feeding Talin. And if I'm not feeding Talin I'm chasing Forrest, changing endless nappies, sometimes all while feeding little baby T! And that sleep thing, I think it still happens a bit too ;-)
Big props to all the mama's out there with more than two kids, how the heck do you do it?????

2 comments:

Amy Musser said...

Thanks for any updates you can give! He is so adorable =)

Sheelagh said...

I hope Mr T (haha didn't think about that reference until just now...mr T! Cute!).
Anyway, I have Mr baby T goes back to his mellow self for you. Mr baby D has had bouts of fussy and then back to mellow so it could still happen over there too. it's still pretty early in the game. d started sleeping in other locations than right on my chest at about 6-8weeks. He is much more independent now, but still allows/asks for the occasional cuddle. And I most certainly oblige.
I hope he makes life easy for you and starts sleeping more and in more locations than just on top of you.
And as for those of us with more than 2....I will tell you over and over that 2 is the hardest to do (for me at least). And just barely is the other answer...day by day. Being the mama is not an easy job! You are doing an amazing job!